Gynecologist in Nassau County that Accepts Medicaid
- Family Medicine
- Women’s Health/Gynecology, an Gynecologist in Nassau County that Accepts Medicaid
- Desensitization Programs
- Behavioral and Mental Health
- Individual Counseling
- Psychological Testing
Epilepsy is a disorder that affects the central nervous system. It occurs when one’s brain activity becomes abnormal, causing seizures in patients. While this condition is strenuous to handle and keep track of, through the use of medication and other suggested therapies, our neurologist will be able to help patients manage the below symptoms: Epilepsy
- Spells of temporary confusion.
- Loss of consciousness or awareness.
- Uncontrolled movements of the arms and legs.
- Feelings of fear, anxiety, or deja vu.
Those who experience headaches now and again can find relief through over-the-counter medications and rest. However, there are times where the help of a neurologist is needed for treatment. If any of the below apply to you, it may be time to visit our neurologist: Headaches
- You experience chronic headaches.
- Headaches are accompanied by nausea, dizziness, vomiting, and confusion.
- Your headaches have begun directly after suffering a head injury.
- Symptoms have progressively gotten worse over time.
Disorders relating to sleep can be highly detrimental to your health, since we rely on sleep for recovery and other benefits. When your body does not receive the necessary amount of sleep, you can spend your days feeling groggy, irritable, and as if you’re trapped in a haze. By visiting our neurologist at the Sleep DisordersCEC Health Center, a variety of sleep disorders can be diagnosed and treated, including some of the following:
- Restless leg syndrome.
- Sleep apnea.
When you’re dealing with an issue that affects your brain or nervous system, receiving a proper diagnosis goes a long way in finding the treatment needed to make a full recovery. At the Additional ConditionsCEC Health Center, our neurologist works with patients to find the right treatment plan for them. In addition to the previously mentioned conditions, other ailments our neurologist may be able to diagnose and create a treatment plan for can include some of the following:
- Brain aneurysms.
- Brain tumors.
- Neurodegenerative diseases.
- Neuromuscular diseases.
- Infections of the nervous system.
For patients who find that visiting the Gynecologist in Nassau County that Accepts Medicaid can be a fear and anxiety-producing experience, CEC has created Social Scripts to help prepare for your next visit. Select the appropriate visit from the list below to see what you can expect to see on your next scheduled appointment. Gynecologist in Nassau County that Accepts Medicaid
CEC recently merged with the Melillo Center for Mental Health in Glen Cove, a health center with over 40 years of experience serving the community in the heart of Glen Cove. Renamed CEC at Glen Cove, the Center will continue to provide supports that include mental health clinic, outpatient chemical dependency outpatient services, assertive community treatment (ACT), supervised community residences, supported housing and respite housing. The CEC Health Center is licensed by the Gynecologist in Nassau County that Accepts Medicaid, the NYS Office of Mental Health and the NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports and is supported by Nassau County Department of Human Services.
The Importance Of Preventative Care Gynecologist in Nassau County that Accepts Medicaid
Many aspects go into a person’s health. As a multidisciplinary healthcare facility, our team understands this better than most. This is why CEC Health Center, Gynecologist in Nassau County that Accepts Medicaid is committed to providing our patients access to the vital medical examinations needed to keep them healthy. Below are a few examples of the routine exams we offer, and what the practitioner does during them to allow for preventative care to be administered. Types Of Routine Exams:
- Take a brief look at your medical history and lifestyle behaviors.
- Check your vitals, which include your heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature.
- Perform heart and lung exams.
- Administer various other health-related tests.
Gynecological Exam, Gynecologist in Nassau County that Accepts Medicaid:
- Ask questions about our Gynecologist in Nassau County that Accepts Medicaid about your menstrual cycle, sexual activity, and any health changes that have occurred since your last visit.
- Perform a pap smear to check for cervical cancer, HPV, and other abnormalities.
- Administer pelvic exam to check for STDs and vaginal issues.
- Examine your reproductive organs for complications that may arise during a potential pregnancy.
For any medical condition you may face, the best treatment plans will always begin with prevention. It is always one of the main goals we’ll focus on during any medical examination. After making a full evaluation of your health, we will provide medical advice and treatment for any issues that need to be resolved. Examples of advice that may be given includes: A Focus On Prevention:
- Eating more fruits and vegetables and less processed foods.
- Going for a thirty-minute walk each day.
- Perform strength training at least twice a week.
- Cutting back on smoking or consuming alcohol, if you do so.
- Increasing your focus on brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Visiting your medical provider more often.