Last Modified: May 23, 2023
- When you visit or otherwise use our website charlesevanscenter.org.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you interact with us generally through email, text and/or other electronic messages.
1. Information We Collect
The following generally describes the type of information we may collect about you.
Information Provided by You. We collect information directly provided by you (which may be obtained from emails, web forms or in other manners), including, without limitation, the following:
- contact information, such as first name, last name, telephone number, email address, and physical address.
- contact information, such as: name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Employment details – such as job title/position, office location, employment contract, performance and disciplinary records, grievance procedures, sickness/time-off records.
- Background information – such as academic/professional qualifications, education, CV/résumé, criminal records data (for vetting purposes, where permissible and in accordance with applicable law).
- network information – network information, including IP address, network carrier and country code, browsing information, such as how you interact with the services.
This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our mailing list, responding to a customer survey, or requesting customer service. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with our website.
General Browsing. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including the content you view, the date and time that you viewed the content, location data, referring URLs, search terms used to reach our website, other communication data, and the resources that you use to access and use our website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Even if you do not submit personal information through the website, we gather navigational information about where visitors go on the website and information about the technical efficiencies of our website and services (i.e., time to connect to the website, time to download pages, etc.). This information allows us to see which areas of our website are most visited and helps us better understand the user experience. In this process of gathering information, we may collect personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information (for example, domain type, browser type and version, service provider and IP address, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, etc.). This helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Improve the quality of the website by recognizing and delivering more of the features, areas, and services our visitors prefer.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
We may also create and use this navigational information to compile statistics about how our visitors collectively interact with our Site. We may also maintain this information or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Social Media. We may monitor social media or review sites, and collect information posted in comments or reviews. When you post information on social media pages owned or controlled by us, we may collect information about your activities on those pages, including whether you visited or commented on the page, or provided a rating or review.
Telephonic Customer Support. You may contact our customer support for assistance, such as getting information and advice regarding using our Site, etc. If you do so, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. We use this information to respond to your requests. Any information provided to our telephone support related to your medical treatment shall be handled in accordance with our HIPAA Privacy Statement.
2. How We Collect Your Information
We collect information in three primary ways:
- You Give Us Information: We collect information from you when you submit it to us through our Site, other digital media, over the phone or in one of our stores.
We also may use various technologies to collect information about you, including:
- “Do Not Track” Signals. Some web browsers have “Do Not Track” or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals and consequently, will continue to collect information about you even if your browser’s “Do Not Track” feature is activated. To learn more about DNT signals, please see http://allaboutdnt.com.
- Server Logs and Widgets. A web “server log” is a record of activity created by a computer that delivers certain content to your browser. Certain activities that you perform on our Site may record information in server logs, such as if you enter a search term into a search box located on the website. The server log may record the search term(s), or the link you clicked on to bring you to our website. The server log may also record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser.A “widget” is generally an application that can be embedded in a webpage. Widgets can provide real-time information to the webpage. Widgets are often provided by third-parties and we may provide widgets on our website. Widgets may enable the third-parties that provide them to collect data about users visiting the website.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways. We collect information from you because it helps us to provide, improve and deliver our products and services. Specifically, we use the information we collect:
- To Provide our Services. For many business purposes, such as to: (i) provide our Site to you; (ii) analyze trends and conduct research about improving our services; (iii) provide support and respond to questions from customers and Site visitors; (iv) improve our facilities, Site, and/or services; (v) learn about customers’ needs; (vi) contact Site visitors for informational and marketing purposes and; (vii) track traffic patterns and website usage.When permitted by law, we may also use your personally identifiable information to contact you in ways other than email or regular mail, such as via telephone contact, facsimile or text message.
- To Market to You. To send you promotional, advertising and other marketing materials or communications from us or our agents, and provide you with more relevant advertisements (referred to as “Retargeting”). We may correlate your information with other commercially available information to identify demographics and preferences to assist us in our marketing efforts; and provide specific relevant marketing, promotional, or other information to you.
- To Improve our Business. To help us design and deliver our Site, including but not limited to as part of our network’s functionality, engineering activities, and troubleshooting.
- To Comply With the Law and Our Legal Obligations. To investigate claims and/or legal actions, violations of law or agreements, and as part of complying with relevant applicable laws and legal process. For example, we may disclose your information in order to comply with or respond to a request or requirement pursuant to law, regulation, or from a governmental or judicial body, or to help prevent fraud or for risk management purposes.
- To Protect Ourselves and Our Customers. To the extent necessary to detect, block, report and mitigate cyber-threats, improve our network and information security, and in order to prevent or detect fraud. Network and information security means the ability of a network or of an information system to resist events, attacks or unlawful or malicious actions that could compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of stored or transmitted data, or the security of the related services offered by, or accessible via those networks and systems.We may use your information to cooperate with police and other governmental authorities, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to the website or the public.
4. Children’s Information
We recognize the importance of children’s safety and privacy. The website is not designed to attract children, and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we do not request or collect any personally identifiable information (“PII”) from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13 through the website. If you are under the age of 13, you should not provide information to us. If we become aware that a user of our website is under the age of 13 and has provided other PII without prior verifiable parental consent, we will take all commercially reasonable steps to delete such information from our files and not to use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). We ask all parents and legal guardians to assist us in our efforts to comply with COPPA by prohibiting children under the age of 13 from providing us with any of their PII or using the website without parental oversight and assistance. If you have knowledge or become aware that a child under the age of 13 has inappropriately submitted PII to us, please contact us and we will remove that child’s PII from our files. If you are under the age of 18, you should use this website only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian and should not submit any PII to us.
5. Sharing of Information with Third Parties.
- Email Marketing Services Providers. Business entities that provide email address management and communication contact services;
- Information Technology Service Providers. Network equipment and application management providers and hosting entities;
We may also share personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information with selected third parties, who may use your information for reasons other than for our benefit, including:
- Legal and Investigator Service Providers. We may share your information with judicial, administrative, legal, financial and/or accounting providers, and related government entities and adverse parties. Some instances where this may occur, include, but are not limited to: if we are required to respond to civil and/or criminal investigations, claims, lawsuits, or if we are subject to judicial or administrative process (such as a subpoena) to release your information or to prosecute or defend legal actions, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We may also share personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information with selected third parties who may use your information in accordance with their own privacy policies. By using our Site, you agree to your information being collected and used in this manner. These companies include but may not be limited to:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to analyze how users interact with our Site. Google Analytics collects your IP address and places cookies on your computer when you visit the Site, which cookies are used to collect usage statistics, evaluate your use of the Site, compile reports on Site activity, and provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage. To learn more about Google’s use of the data it collects, please visit: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- The Twitter Tweet button is a small button displayed on our website to help users easily share our content on Twitter. When you visit our website, Twitter may receive information including the web page you visited, your IP address, browser type, operating system, and cookie information. This information helps Twitter improve their products and service, including personalization and targeted ads. For more information please visit: https://developer.twitter.com/en/developer-terms/agreement-and-policy#c-respect-users-control-and-privacy/.
- Our website uses plugins, operated by the Google site YouTube, to allow website visitors to watch and interact with YouTube videos on our website. If you visit one of our webpages that is equipped with a YouTube plugin, a connection is established with YouTube’s servers. As a result, YouTube receives information about your visit to our webpage and may attribute such visit with your YouTube account. To avoid this you may log out of your account before visiting our website or you can adjust your privacy setting to prevent these associations from being made. For more information on how your information may be collected and handled by Google and/or YouTube please visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy and https://www.youtube.com/t/terms.
We also maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
By your own actions, you may also be able to share personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information with third parties through our Site, such as when you:
- Post Information. You may be able to post information and materials publicly, for example, in product reviews and other similar forums (collectively, “Public Forums”). If you post any information in our Public Forums, it will be deemed public information and available to the general public. Please do not post any personally identifiable information our Public Forums. If you do post personally identifiable information, you do so at your own risk.
- Use Social Media and Social Media Widgets. Certain widgets embedded on our pages may enable you to post information and materials publicly on our social media pages. If you post any information on social media, it will be deemed public information and available to the general public. If you do post personally identifiable information, you do so at your own risk. Your interactions with those widgets and platforms are also governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
6. Links to Third Party Websites.
For your convenience, our Sites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, advertising, products, or the content of such other websites. None of the links should be deemed to imply that we endorse or have any affiliation with the third party websites being linked to.
If you do not consent to the way in which we may use your personal information, please do not submit any personal information to us.
Opt-Out of Email Promotions. If you do not wish to receive emails about special offers and other promotions from us, click the unsubscribe link located in our emails.
Updating Your Information. We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
You may contact us, as provided below, to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us as provided below.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website, located here: www.networkadvertising.org.
To learn more about interest-based advertising or to “opt-out” of interest based advertising programs from participating companies visit www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, or www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Please note that any opt-out choice you exercise will apply to interest-based advertising by the third parties you select, but will still allow the collection and use of data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests.
Depending on your device and its operating system, you may also be able to choose to prevent your device’s ad identifier being used for interest-based advertising or reset your device’s ad identifier by changing the settings of your device.
8. How We Protect Your Information
We believe in providing a safe and secure experience for all of our online visitors. To that end, we have implemented security measures to protect the information collected from you. We maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to limit unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information, and to protect you against the criminal misuse of that information.
We use data encryption technology when transferring and receiving your sensitive personal information, such as credit card or financial account information. For example, in your transactions submitted by you through the website, a solid key icon or a locked padlock icon at the lower portion of your web browser window confirms the website is secured through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Pages requesting personal information should always have one of these icons. You can also confirm your data is being encrypted by looking at the URL line of your browser (the place where you type website addresses). When accessing a secure server, the site address will change from “http” to “https”.
While we use the foregoing security measures to protect your information, please note that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network or stored and utilized for business purposes can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure that any information we receive, store or otherwise utilize is completely secure. You can reduce security risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
10. How to Contact Us