Everyone experiences anxiety at some point in their life, but for many people, this anxiety becomes chronic and debilitating. When your anxiety becomes this bad, this is a sign of an anxiety disorder. People with anxiety disorders often have constant anxiety about situations that other people wouldn’t think much about. Many people suffering also have panic attacks. Some anxiety disorders include generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety, separation anxiety, and panic disorder. Having an anxiety disorder can make it hard to live your day-to-day life. You should see a doctor if your anxiety is starting to interfere with your work, relationships, or just life in general, if you are having difficulty controlling your anxiety, or if you develop depression or suicidal thoughts. Most people treat their anxiety with a combination of psychotherapy and medication. However, there are things you can do to help yourself live with anxiety. If you are suffering from anxiety seeing a mental health specialist in Deer Park that accepts Medicaid can help you learn to manage it. The Charles Evans Center has amazing doctors who specialize in behavioral and mental health.
Tips For Living With
- Don’t let negative thoughts get through.
- When you start thinking negatively, try to remember the facts, so you don’t spin out of control.
- Practice breathing exercises
- Breathing exercises can help lower your heart rate and calm you down.
- Go for a walk or exercise.
- Focusing on yourself rather than your thoughts can help lessen your anxiety. In addition, exercising helps calm you down.
- Journaling your thoughts can help you because it takes your thoughts out of your head and puts them in a tangible space
- Learn your symptoms
- Learn what your symptoms are so that when they start, you can start using your coping mechanisms early to avoid your anxiety from spiraling out of control
Visit CEC, A Mental Health Specialist in Deer Park that Accepts Medicaid
The Charles Evans Center has three locations throughout Long Island that offer all sorts of medical care, including a mental health clinic. If you are dealing with anxiety or other mental health issues, contact us and make an appointment today.