As we age, it becomes easy to cut corners when it comes to our health. However, the importance of visiting your physician once per year or more as directed cannot be understated. At Charles Evans Center, we are a multidisciplinary facility committed to providing excellent and affordable care to the traditionally underserved members of the community. We emphasize the importance of preventative medicine to help our patients live long and healthy lives.
Types Of Routine Exams:
Many aspects go into a person’s health. As a multidisciplinary healthcare facility, our team understands this better than most. This is why Charles Evans Center is committed to providing our patients access to the vital medical examinations needed to keep them healthy. Below are a few examples of the routine exams we offer, and what the practitioner does during them to allow for preventative care to be administered.
- Take a brief look at your medical history and lifestyle behaviors.
- Check your vitals, which include your heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature.
- Perform heart and lung exams.
- Administer various other health-related tests.
- Examine your tongue, gums, cheeks, and teeth.
- Perform X-rays to determine any misalignment issues or impacted teeth.
- Call-out any cavities and schedule an appointment to have them filled to fight against tooth decay.
- Thoroughly clean your teeth and gums to remove any plaque or tartar to prevent gum disease.
- Ask questions about your menstrual cycle, sexual activity, and any health changes that have occurred since your last visit.
- Perform a pap smear to check for cervical cancer, HPV, and other abnormalities.
- Administer pelvic exam to check for STDs and vaginal issues.
- Examine your reproductive organs for complications that may arise during a potential pregnancy.
A Focus On Prevention:
For any medical condition you may face, the best treatment plans will always begin with prevention. It is always one of the main goals we’ll focus on during any medical examination. After making a full evaluation of your health, we will provide medical advice and treatment for any issues that need to be resolved. Examples of advice that may be given includes:
- Eating more fruits and vegetables and less processed foods.
- Going for a thirty-minute walk each day.
- Perform strength training at least twice a week.
- Cutting back on smoking or consuming alcohol, if you do so.
- Increasing your focus on brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Visiting your medical provider more often.
Why Preventative Care Is Important:
While many people attribute illness with having unmissable symptoms, this is not always the case. For many people, symptoms for dangerous illnesses/conditions may lay dormant for weeks or months before presenting themselves. By the time of their arrival, treatment will be more difficult than it would have been if caught earlier. That is why you must always focus on scheduling and attending routine medical exams. By doing so, our doctors can catch ailments before they reach a serious state. Early detection allows our doctors to offer swift treatment, and provide advice on making changes to your lifestyle that prevents illnesses from reoccurring.
Charles Evans Center
At Charles Evans Center, our team understands how important it is for the entire community to have easy access to healthcare services. That is why we are committed to providing preventative healthcare to those who need help. If you or a loved one is due for a wellness visit and would like to meet with our team, be sure to contact us today!